40 saltine crackers
2 sticks unsalted butter
1 c light brown sugar
1 tsp sea salt
1 16oz pkg of semi-sweet chocolate chips
*(optional toppings: chopped almonds, sprinkles, crushed peppermint candy)
- Preheat oven @ 400 degree F
- Layout saltines *(salted side up) on 12'x17' cookie sheet
- In saucepan, melt butter. Add light brown sugar. Mix thoroughly till well combined & bubbly
- Approximately 5 minutes. I begin my timer, once my butter has melted & I have added my brown sugar.
- Pour toffee mix over saltines. Spread to cover all sides.
- Bake in oven for 5 minutes or until bubbly.
- Remove from oven & pour chocolate chips over the bubbling toffee.
- Once the chocolate chips begin to shine, it's ready to spread.
- Add desired toppings
- Refrigerate 2 hours
- Break into pieces
- MAKES approximately 40 pieces
Calories: 115 Fat: 7.5g Carb: 12g net Protein: .7g